Delaware Health Tracker
- Delaware Health Tracker provides data on hundreds of indicators across a variety of topic areas, such as health, substance use, the social environment, education, the economy, public safety, and transportation. Data are provided at the state and county level as well as the city, zip code, and census tract level for some indicators. This site also allows the user to create customized dashboards.
KIDS COUNT Data Center
Delaware News Journal Interactives and Databases
- A project of the Annie E. Casey Foundation, KIDS COUNT is a great source for data on child and family well-being. Access hundreds of indicators, download data and create reports and graphics on the KIDS COUNT Data Center that support smart decisions about children and families. Data are available at the State, County, City, and Congressional District level, depending on the data source.
The Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)
- This database contains data on adults from as recently
as 2015 at the state-level. Click on the area that you are interested in
(i.e. alcohol consumption, tobacco use, demographics, etc.) Then, at
the bottom of the page, click on the specific question you are
interested in for that area.
- The Division of Public Health in Delaware also provides Delaware specific BRFSS reports and information.
The Chronic Disease & Health Promotion Open Data
- Quickly access a wide range of chronic disease data, risk factor indicators and policy measures. Use these open data to describe the burden of chronic disease as well as common risk factors, identify research gaps, monitor population trends, and evaluate programs.
- Data are provided at the State Level.
- Delaware Focus is an initiative of the Delaware Community Foundation. This “state of the community” website – found at DelawareFocus.org – is aimed at creating a holistic picture of Delaware and deepening our knowledge and understanding of our state. The data and analyses will serve as a common source of information on critical topics that affect the health and progress of our state. It will serve to inform community stakeholders, spur discussion and collaboration, and monitor our quality of life.
Community Health Status Indicator, CDC
- CHSI 2015 is an interactive web application that
produces health profiles for all 3,143 counties in the United States.
Each profile includes key indicators of health outcomes, which describe
the population health status of a county and factors that have the potential to influence health outcomes.
- Data are provided at the County Level
- Health indicators of adults and youth. Also includes
state specific data on public health.
- Data are provided at the State Level
Bureau of Labor
- The local area unemployment statistics program
produces monthly and annual employment, unemployment, and annual employment,
unemployment and labor force data for Census regions, divisions, states,
counties, and metropolitan areas.
- Data are provided at the State, County and Local Level
Delaware Health Statistics Center
- The Delaware Health Statistics Center (DHSC) is responsible for the data collection, validation, statistical analysis and maintenance of a comprehensive collection of health statistics. We provide information essential for identifying local and statewide problems, while supporting public health programs and research. Information is made available through the production of reports, data summaries and analysis, map generation and provision of public use files.
- Similar Link to Delaware specific reports on a variety of topics, such as communicable disease statistics, HIV
statistics, and Tuberculosis statistics. Also includes information
on BRFS and PRAMS.
Mental Health Data, DSAMH
- Mental health statistics on the level of care in
- Data at State and County Level
National Survey on Drug Use and Health
- National and state-level data on the use of
tobacco, alcohol, illicit drugs (including non-medical use of prescription
drugs) and mental health in the United States
- Data at National, State, and County level
Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, CDC
- PRAMStat is an online data platform developed to provide public access to
over 250 maternal and child health indicators from the Pregnancy Risk
Assessment Monitoring System
(PRAMS). Users can view and interact with PRAMS visualizations, such as
maps and charts, and save visualizations for use in creating fact sheets
and presentations. Use PRAMStat to explore PRAMS data from 2000
through 2011 from a single state or select a topic and compare data
U.S. Census Bureau
- The U.S. Census Bureau provide demographic data at different geographic levels, State, County, City, Zip code. This data can be particularly useful for a needs assessment.
- The American Community Survey is also a great resources for demographic data at the community level. It provides data at the community level.
Delaware Population Consortium
Kaiser Family Foundation
- The Delaware Population Consortium produces and shares an annual, common set of population household projections for the State of Delaware, each of the Counties, and the major municipalities in Delaware.
- Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit, private operating foundation focusing on the major health care issues facing the U.S., as well as the U.S. role in global health policy. They serve as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public. Their products provide in-depth information on key health policy issues including Medicaid, Medicare, health reform, global health, etc.