Criminal Justice Council
- The Criminal Justice Council conducts research and issues reports on issues related to criminal justice in Delaware.
Delaware Shootings by Incidence
database shows incidences of shootings. The specific location is shown
along with an article providing details. Both homicides and non-mortal
shootings are included. If you click on the crop down menu "Incidents,"
you can view the numbers by year (Incidents, homicides, victims, etc.)
Fatality Analysis System (FARS)
- State level data on traffic fatalities, distracted driving and motor vehicle violations.
- A comprehensive data mapping resource that includes "over 50,000 indicators" accessible through an online portal. Users can explore such data as incarceration rates in a given geographic region.
- Crime mapping database in Delaware.
Statistical Analysis Center (SAC) - Crime Reports
- Crime in Delaware provides information about 22 violent, Serious Property, Drug/Narcotic and Other Property and Social offenses reported in Delaware (2005-2013 State and County level data)
- Wilmington Crime Supplement (2008-2013) City level data
- Delaware Shooting Report, An Overview of Incidents, Suspects, and Victims in Delaware 2012 and 2013. Reports focus on shooting incidents, victims injured as a result, and suspects involved. State, County, and City level.
- Habitual Offenders in Delaware, measured yearly
- Detention Population Quarterly Reports (July 2011 to July 2015) Provides an overview of Superior Court detention population cases for defendants detained longer than 120 days at level 5 Dept. of Correction.
- Superior Court Sentencing Report (2012) contains 150 variables from the county that the sentencing take place to the Judge that administered the sentence.
- Recidivism in Delaware: An Analysis of Prisoners Released in 2008-2010. Recidivism rates were examined at six month intervals during a three year study period (2008-2010).
- YRS Recidivism for Release Cohort 2008-2012. An analysis of youth released in 2008-2012 from a YRS Level 5 or Level 4 Secure facility. Quarterly reports from March 2012 to April 2014
- Race and Incarceration in Delaware: A Report to the Delaware General Assembly June 30, 2011. Examines racial disparities in arrests and incarceration.
- Wilmington Shooting 2005-2010 Victims & Suspects Comparative Working Papers. These reports review the nature of shootings in the City of Wilmington by looking at various demographics of known suspects and victims including history, age, race, and sex.
Uniform Crime Reporting, FBI
- The UCR Program collects statistics on violent crime (murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault) and property crime (burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft). By congressional mandate, arson was added as the eighth Part I offense in 1979. Arson statistics are not available for access on this site.
- By using the Crime Data Explorer, users can specify offenses, locality (city, county, state), and year(s).